Sunday, October 21, 2012

It's been a while...

Well, it's been a couple of days at least. I'm trying hard to keep my commitment to daily blogging but sometimes life demands my attention and I have to prioritize and those little sweet smiling faces comes first, every time. So thoughts for today have to do with the joys of being a woman. There's definitely great and wonderful things about being a woman. For one, we get to bring forth life, which is actually a pretty big deal. We get to paint our nails and faces with pretty colors and wear things like lace and ruffles. We get to smell like flowers and even put them in our hair if we want. We get to cry easily and nurture and all kinds of lovely things. But, there's a flip side to the wonderfulness of being female. Like the pain we endure to do the things we do as women. There's those pesky monthly hormonal changes that make us bloat 2 sizes, crave chocolate, and become maddeningly emotional. This is perhaps the most frustrating womanly thing we deal with. It is percisely this time of the month that when dieting, one will not only see the scale freeze, but for some it will actually go up a little. Of course we all know its fluid but it damages our motivation nonetheless. So, this update will reflect such changes. Though in a day or two, this extra weight will be gone and I'll be restored to my rightful place as confident dieter, charging on in pursuit of my loftly goal. So, here it is, today's weight: 170 lbs. This is up a little from my last update, but I'll try and keep reminding myself that this is also the process by which my body is amazingly equipped to bring forth life. Those 3 little sweet smiling faces that are peacefully sleeping now are great reminders of what a joy it is to be a woman. Certainly one of the greatest things I get to experience as a woman is the privelege of being a mommy. So I guess a little water weight gain isn't too bad. I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment